- To greet someone and introduce yourself in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Listen with care (O3.2)
- Repeat words and phrases modelled by the teacher (O3.4)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
These are suggestions to remind the children of the French vocabulary they have learned in this lesson so they don’t forget everything before the next lesson:
- Greet the children in the classroom, corridor or playground every day using Bonjour !
- Get the children to use Bonjour or Salut to answer the register.
- Make up a rap/song sequence of Bonjour, Salut, Au revoir – can they say it back, with gestures?
- Keep your talk puppet handy in the classroom/role play area, in case the children think of other things they would like to say (or have found out from home).
- Display on the classroom wall the speech bubbles from the Activity: Greetings speech bubbles and add any other language greetings as you collect them in class.