Before the lesson
- To code and debug a program
Pupils should be taught to:
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in www.dadstout
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
- Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals
Pupils needing extra support: should use existing code to adapt. Encourage them to explain how it works and experiment with different values.
Pupils working at greater depth: should be encouraged to incorporate selection, repetition and variables in their programs.