Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand the importance of having a secure password
Pupils should be taught to:
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of and
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
- Select, use and combine a variety of software […] to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information
Pupils needing extra support: If they are really struggling, hand them the answer sheet, but get them to explain each of the changes to the code.
Pupils working at greater depth: Encourage independence in creativity in terms of the style of the hack. Can they change the code so that it only searches for digits less than five? How does that affect the ease with which the wizard can crack the code?