Before the lesson
- To create a digital drawing of essential items for life in space
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- CAS Progression pathway: Recognises that a range of digital devices can be considered a computer (AB) (GE)
- CAS Progression pathway: Recognises and can use a range of input and output devices
- CAS Progression pathway: Understands how programs specify the function of a general purpose computer (AB)
- CAS Progression pathway: Recognises different types of data: text, number (AB) (GE)
Pupils needing extra support: should write or draw their list before typing it up. It may also be helpful to remind these children of the key units of measurements.
Pupils working at greater depth: ask to think of a sensor which could monitor the amount of each item available, i.e. how much food the astronauts have. The food could be stored in separate pods so that a sensor would be triggered whenever a pod is opened? Or a bin sensor so that it knows what has been eaten?