Over the last twelve months, Kapow Primary’s Design and technology subscribers have benefited from the following additions to the scheme :
- An assessment quiz and knowledge catcher for every unit. See this example.
- New long-term plans:
- An intention, implementation and impact statement.
- Risk assessment guidance.
- A resource and costings spreadsheet.
- Real world production methodology ideas for the class – saving equipment and resources.
- Digital world units for KS2 – a neglected area of the national curriculum for KS2 Design and technology.
- Troubleshooting guides for the more challenging lessons, see example.
Over the next twelve months subscribers will benefit from:
- A progression of skills for schools following our condensed long-term plan.
- Knowledge organisers for the KS2 Digital World units.
- Medium-term plan/unit overview for every unit.
- Alternative themes for some existing units to provide a greater choice of topics and applied-learning (spring 2022).
- Alternative Seasonal/festival/celebration themed units featuring alternative outcomes while ensuring children still continue to progress in their design and technology knowledge and skills (Spring 2022).
- Refreshed version of static electricity unit.
- A knowledge progression document.
- Guidance on transitioning to Kapow Primary.