Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To reflect on skills they have developed to identify and respond to difficult situations
The PSHE Association advises teaching: Health: KS2: Health and wellbeing: Ourselves, growing and changing: H29. about how to manage setbacks/perceived failures, including how to re-frame unhelpful thinking.
Pupils needing extra support: Could use the Activity: Demonstrating a willingness to try even when things become very challenging…. strategies list to help them with their ideas.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should articulate the importance of resilience by referencing the ideas behind a Being open to make changes in one’s attitude in order to achieve goals…. and share ways in which they have shown resilience.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y6: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: What can I be?
- Lesson 2: Relaxation: mindfulness
- Lesson 3: Taking responsibility for my health
- Lesson 4: The impact of technology on health
- Lesson 4: Resilience toolbox
- Lesson 5: Immunisation
- Lesson 7: Good and bad habits
- Lesson 8: Physical health concerns