- To understand how to form and maintain positive relationships
Caring friendships: Pupils should know the characteristics of friendships, including mutual respect, truthfulness, trustworthiness, loyalty, kindness, generosity, trust, sharing interests and experiences and support with problems.
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils needing extra support: Should use the Activity: How to build a Someone you like and enjoy spending time with and often shares common interests with you… worksheet as a scaffold. Can also use the Activity: Word bank for support.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should complete the extension activity in the main event, performing their instructions as a ‘how to’ video.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment Y5/6: (CA) Families and relationships
- Y5/6 Introductory lesson 1 (Cycle A): Setting rules and signposting
- Y5/6 Lesson 2 (Cycle A): Build a friend - what makes a good friend
- Y5/6 Lesson 3 (Cycle A): Respect
- Y5/6 Lesson 4 (Cycle A): Respecting myself
- Y5/6 Lesson 5 (Cycle A): Marriage
- Y5/6 Lesson 6 (Cycle A): Bullying
- Y5/6 Lesson 8 (Cycle A): Challenging stereotypes
- Y5/6 Lesson 7 (Cycle A): Stereotyping