- To understand the concept of marriage
- Pupils should know that marriage represents a formal and legally recognised commitment of two people to each other which is intended to be lifelong.
Before the lesson
Pupils needing extra support: May need access to the Presentation: History of marriage when putting their poster together. Can focus their poster on facts about marriage today (for example what it is, who can and cannot get married, where you can get married).
Pupils working at greater depth: Could do additional research for their posters to find other relevant facts.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment Y5/6: (CA) Families and relationships
- Y5/6 Introductory lesson 1 (Cycle A): Setting rules and signposting
- Y5/6 Lesson 2 (Cycle A): Build a friend - what makes a good friend
- Y5/6 Lesson 3 (Cycle A): Respect
- Y5/6 Lesson 4 (Cycle A): Respecting myself
- Y5/6 Lesson 5 (Cycle A): Marriage
- Y5/6 Lesson 6 (Cycle A): Bullying
- Y5/6 Lesson 8 (Cycle A): Challenging stereotypes
- Y5/6 Lesson 7 (Cycle A): Stereotyping