Before the lesson
- To understand safe and unsafe touches
- How to recognise and report feelings of being unsafe or feeling bad about any adult.
- How to ask for advice or help for themselves or others, and to keep trying until they are heard.
Pupils needing extra support: This lesson might need to be delivered in a small group to ensure children with additional needs understand.
Pupils working at greater depth: Design posters to show the The PANTS rule by the NSPCC is a simple way to teach children about staying safe from sexual abuse…..
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine