Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To describe a range of feelings and develop simple strategies for managing them
Pupils should know:
- how to recognise and talk about their emotions, including having a varied vocabulary of words to use when talking about their own and others’ feelings.
Pupils needing extra support: May need example scenarios to think about and time to act these out with prompting questions to help understand their different The range of feelings that someone can have, such as happiness or anger…. and what they feel like.
Pupils working at greater depth: Could be challenged to draw upon their own experiences to help empathise with the girl from the clip and use this understanding to describe how she might be The physical or emotional response to something..
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: Experiencing different feelings
- Lesson 2: Healthy body, healthy brain: being active
- Lesson 3: Relaxation: breathing exercises
- Lesson 4: Steps to success
- Lesson 5: Resilience: developing a growth mindset
- Lesson 6: Healthy diet
- Lesson 7: Looking after our teeth