Before the lesson
- To develop understanding of stereotypes and how these might affect job/career choices
Pupils should be taught:
- What a stereotype is, and how stereotypes can be unfair, negative or destructive.
Pupils needing extra support: Should be given magazines and or books to help them to identify a job for their picture.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to identify ways in which they can address and challenge stereotypes.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Families and relations
- Lesson 1: Families offer stability and love
- Lesson 2: Families are all different
- Lesson 3: Managing friendships
- Lesson 4: Unhappy friendships
- Lesson 5: Introduction to manners and courtesy
- Lesson 6: Change and loss
- Lesson 7: Gender stereotypes – Careers and jobs