Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand and plan for a healthy lifestyle
Pupils should know:
- That mental wellbeing is a normal part of daily life, in the same way as physical health.
- The benefits of physical exercise, time outdoors, community participation, voluntary and service-based activity on mental wellbeing and happiness.
- Simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
- Where and how to seek support (including recognising the triggers for seeking support), including whom in school they should speak to if they are worried about their own or someone else’s mental wellbeing or ability to control their emotions (including issues arising online).
- It is common for people to experience mental ill health. For many people who do, the problems can be resolved if the right support is made available, especially if accessed early enough.
Pupils needing extra support: May need some examples to get them going or prompting questions to help them think of what they already do.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should describe how each of these areas can affect both mental and The health of our bodies..