Before the lesson
- To understand the benefits and risks of sharing material online
Pupils should know:
Internet and safety harms
- That for most people the internet is an integral part of life and has many benefits.
- How to consider the effect of their online actions on others and know how to recognise and display respectful behaviour online and the importance of keeping personal information private.
- Where and how to report concerns and get support with issues
- How information and data is shared and used online.
Pupils needing extra support: Provide a structured writing frame for the letter to help them to formulate their ideas. This could include sentence starters such as:
- When you took the photo/saw the photo I think you should have…
- To get help with this I think you should talk to…
Pupils working at greater depth: Could include a description in their letter of why their chosen child’s The way that somebody acts around other people. caused a A difficult situation that needs to be resolved or overcome. but without blaming the child.