Before the lesson
- To develop an understanding of safety on or near roads
- Road safety is not included in the statutory guidance however it does features in the PSHE Association’s Programme of Study for PSHE: Health and Wellbeing > Keeping Safe > strategies for keeping safe in the local environment or unfamiliar places (rail, water, road).
Pupils needing extra support: Could be given Something that has been made and put together. It can usually stand on its own…. to work within for the safety message task, e.g. a writing frame or poster structure.
Pupils working at greater depth: Give children a more specific audience for their safety message e.g. younger children younger or focus them on a different type of safety such as rail and get the children to Using different media (e.g. newspapers, books, online searches) to collect information about a subject…. the key messages first.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Lesson 1: First Aid: Emergencies and calling for help
- Lesson 2: First Aid: bites and stings
- Lesson 3: Be kind online
- Lesson 4: Cyberbullying
- Lesson 5: Fake emails
- Lesson 6: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: making choices
- Lesson 7: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: influences
- Lesson 8: Keeping safe out and about