Before the lesson
- To develop an understanding of safety on or near roads
- Road safety is not included in the statutory guidance however it does features in the PSHE Association’s Programme of Study for PSHE: Health and Wellbeing > Keeping Safe > strategies for keeping safe in the local environment or unfamiliar places (rail, water, road).
Pupils needing extra support: Could be given Something that has been made and put together. It can usually stand on its own…. to work within for the safety message task, e.g. a writing frame or poster structure.
Pupils working at greater depth: Give children a more specific audience for their safety message e.g. younger children younger or focus them on a Something that is not the same as something else type of safety such as rail and get the children to Using different media (e.g. newspapers, books, online searches) to collect information about a subject…. the key messages first.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Lesson 1: First Aid: Emergencies and calling for help
- Lesson 2: First Aid: bites and stings
- Lesson 3: Be kind online
- Lesson 4: Cyberbullying
- Lesson 5: Fake emails
- Lesson 6: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: making choices
- Lesson 7: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: influences
- Lesson 8: Keeping safe out and about