Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand and plan for a healthy lifestyle including physical activity, rest and diet
Pupils should know:
- Simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
Physical and mental fitness
- The characteristics and mental and physical benefits of an active lifestyle
- The importance of building regular exercise into daily and weekly routines and how to achieve this; for example walking or cycling to school, a daily active mile or other forms of regular, vigorous exercise.
- The risks associated with an inactive lifestyle (including obesity).
Pupils needing extra support: Should sit near the board to use examples shared as a class.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be encouraged to use a range of different foods and types of exercise in their healthy diaries.
Should describe the effects of different food groups on the body.