Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To identify and describe familiar nature sounds and differentiate between them
- To use voices to imitate natural sounds
Communication and language
- Understand how to listen carefully and why listening is important.
- ELG: Listening, attention and understanding: Listen attentively and respond to what they hear with relevant questions, comments and actions when being read to and during whole class discussions and small group interactions.
Understanding the world
- Explore the natural world around them.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021
Prompts for learning
- To use their knowledge of sounds, instruments and musical terminology to explore different types and genres of music.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.