Before the lesson
- To explore the sounds of different instruments
- To experiment with tempo and dynamic when playing instruments
Expressive arts and design
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
- To identify sounds in the environment and differentiate between them.
- To use musical vocabulary when describing environmental sounds.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.