Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To write a letter describing my home
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing.
- Write some phrases from memory and adapt to create new sentences, understand basic grammar appropriate to language.
- Read and understand the main points and some detail from a short written passage (L6.1).
- Read short texts for information (L6.2).
- Construct a short text to give a description ( L6.4).
- Use knowledge of text conventions to build short text ( KAL).
During the week
- Have you got a link school in a French speaking country?
Find one here on this etwinning site. You can then send your letters describing the children’s houses and their bedrooms.
The French school could either reply in French or English.