Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To use prepositions to describe the positions of objects in the bedroom.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore patterns of language through songs and link the sound of words, appreciate songs in the language, describe things orally and in writing.
- Understand the gist of spoken passages (song) containing descriptions (06.3).
- Write sentences and apply most words correctly (L6.4).
During the week
- Ask the children to bring in a photo of their bedroom to share with and describe in class.
- Listen to the video on the link: ‘Alain le lait – Où est le chat? prépositions video’ on SafeShare.TV to consolidate learning of new vocabulary.
- Get each of the children to make a blank die using link: ‘Printable Board Games – Printable blank die’ , and write one preposition on each face of the die. On their own or in pairs or groups, the children throw the dice and make a sentence using the preposition ‘thrown’.