Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To recognise that verbs take different forms and to find infinitive verbs in a dictionary
Pupils should be taught to:
- Broaden vocabulary using a dictionary
- Speak in sentences using basic language structures
- Pronounce/read aloud unknown words (LLS)
- Remember, retain and recall words (O5.4)
During the week
- Play ‘Jacques a dit’ (Simon Says) using the action verbs.
- Use the action verbs for your PE warm up.
- Create a working wall display of French verbs. Encourage the children to spot new verbs from their English lessons and add these to the wall.