Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To be able to join in with and perform a short, repetitive story using voice and actions to communicate to an audience
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language, join in and respond
- Speak in sentences using familiar vocabulary
- Present information orally to a range of audiences
- Use tone of voice and gesture to convey meaning (O5.1)
- Remember, retain and recall words, phrases and sentences (O5.4)
- Use actions and rhymes to aid memorization (LLS)
During the week
- Print the Activity: Monsieur Mangetout story map and add labelled pictures for all the food that Monsieur Mangetout eats
- Research the real life ‘Monsieur Mangetout’ (Michel Lotito, 1950-2007) – you can use dictionary skills to compile a list of some of the crazy things he used to eat!
- French afternoon tea is called Le goûter. You’ll find lots of ideas for typical children’s sweet snacks online.