Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To build numbers and prices confidently in French
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words and phrases
- Explore patterns of language
- Communicate for practical purposes
- Recognise patterns in words and phrases (KAL)
- Consider aspects of everyday life in other countries (IU5.1)
During the week
- Use Euro coins for your maths starter activities.
- Play ‘The price is right’ extension activity game using dice, number cards, or other random number generators.
- Impress the rest of the school with your own performance of the big number song.
- Research French supermarket chains – compare prices of goods in France/the UK.
- Collect price labels from any shops they visit which now display labels in £ and €.