Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To say what kind of music you like
Pupils should be taught to:
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; express opinions and respond to those of others
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
During the week
- Practice the song and dance for Sur le Pont d’Avignon.
- Play some music excerpts from different genres and ask the children “C’est quel genre de musique?” (What type of music is it?). Try to include la musique jazz and la musique folklorique (jazz and folk music).
- Watch the Link: ‘Teachers TV: Primary French – La Musique et les Instruments’ again and listen for other musical terminology, for example: un allegro (an allegro, which is a piece of music that is fast and lively) and une sonatine (a sonatina, which is a small sonata).