Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To recognise and use vocabulary relating to clothing
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- appreciate stories, songs, poems and rhymes in the language
- broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary
- understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine, masculine and neuter forms
- Listen for specific words and phrases (O4.2)
- Listen and respond to simple rhymes, stories and songs (O3.1)
- Yr4 KAL Recognise and apply simple agreements, singular and plural
During the week
- Listen to the song on the Link: ‘Promenons-nous dans les bois’ on SafeShare.TV again and join in.
- Play games, such as Répétez si c’est vrai to practise the new words.
- Introduce un maillot* (a football shirt) – describe the colour of shirt and ask the children C’est quelle équipe? – ‘Which team is it?’
*un maillot de bain is a swimming costume but un maillot is a football shirt.