Before the lesson
- To count beyond six in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language
- Appreciate stories, songs, poems and rhymes in the language
KS2 Framework objectives:
- Perform finger rhymes and sing songs (O3.1)
- Use actions and rhymes to aid memorisation (KAL)
During the week
- Make and display the numbers one to twelve on large red circles or balloons, to hang like cherries.
- Make an earworm of the song on the Link: ‘French counting song: Nous irons au bois’ on SafeShare.TV’: hum the tune while the children are lining up, or during transition times.
- Write the numbers up on the board in a 3 x 3 grid to make a noughts and crosses board. Teams win the square by naming the number.
- Answer the register by counting one to twelve.