Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To count in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
KS2 Framework objectives:
- Recognise and respond to words (O3.2)
- Use physical response to show understanding (O3.4)
- Identify social conventions (IU3.3)
During the week
- Include French number sentences in your maths starters.
- While tidying or lining up, give the class a countdown from six to one in French (and even add ‘zéro’).
- Give the children the Activity: jeu de l’oie grid, which is blank, so they can design their own game. They could add quiz questions, famous places in France, or even have a Tour de France theme.