Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand and respond to simple classroom instructions
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Develop accurate pronunciation and intonation so that others understand when they are reading aloud or using familiar words and phrases
- Listen attentively and understand instructions (O3.4)
- Speak clearly and confidently (O3.2)
- Identify and read simple words (L3.1)
During the week
- Get the children to design some bossy signs for the classroom.
- Play bossy tennis pairs game: take it in turns to ‘bat’ an instruction word to your partner. To return the serve, the partner ‘bats’ back a different instruction, there must be no repetition. Loser of the rally is the first person to run out of original instruction words.