Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To write a range of sentences in French to describe a food chain
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Adapt phrases to create new sentences, to express ideas clearly
- Describe people, places, things and actions orally and in writing
- Identify and read simple words (L3.1)
- Write simple, familiar words using a model (L3.3)
During the week
- Design your own crazy food chains, showing what animals don’t eat.
- Create a ‘Millionaire’ style quiz about some of the animals looked at in this topic.
- Present your food chain flips in an assembly or share it with pupils in Year 2.