Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To describe shapes by their size and colour
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Present ideas and information orally
- Use basic language structures
- Begin to understand basic grammar (placement of adjectives)
- Recall, retain and use vocabulary (O3.3)
- Read and understand simple messages (O3.1)
- Notice the spelling of familiar words (KAL)
During the week
- Go outdoors! Take water and brushes or chalk out to the playground and call out different shapes for the children to draw, or get them to make human shapes by holding hands in groups.
- Make your Maths or Early Morning Starter a French shape challenge.
- Use the Presentation: Les formes for a fast finger or true/false game board.
- Separate and label the tangram pieces for an interactive display on your Maths board.