Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand that cyberbullying involves being unkind online
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand computer networks, including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the World Wide Web, and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration
- Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
- Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create […] content that accomplishes given goals
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact
Pupils needing extra support: Consider pairing pupils of mixed ability to support pupils of lower ability.
Pupils working at greater depth: Encourage to think carefully about what we mean by cyberbullying and how to avoid doing it themselves.