Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To create an algorithm for growing a plant in space
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- CAS progression pathway: Recognises and can use a range of input and output devices
- CAS progression pathway: Recognises different types of data: text, number (AB) (GE)
- CAS progression pathway: Appreciates that programs can work with different types of data (GE)
Pupils needing extra support: Should keep their algorithms simple by programming instructions that are followed every day rather than waiting for a specific A way of telling the computer what you want it to do..
Pupils working at greater depth: Should incorporate the sensors in their algorithms.