Before the lesson
- To scale up drawings and sketches in a different medium
- To apply and blend charcoal to create tone and texture
Pupils should be taught to:
- Improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- Develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design
Pupils needing extra support: May need the basic 2D shapes drawn out at the large scale so they can then add the details.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should add Parts of the face, such as eyes, nose and mouth. such as spots, fur, earth colours, using Something that is not the same as something else techniques and tools.