- Assessment quiz and knowledge catcher for every unit, see an example: Y5: Art and design skills – Assessment
- An updated curriculum overview
- Alternative themes for some units, see example.
- Guidance on how to adapt a unit to your school’s chosen themes, for example: Flowchart
- Long term plans all of which guarantee coverage of the national curriculum:
- Live and recorded webinars with our Art and design specialists
- Kapow Primary Art and design intent, implementation and impact statement to help school’s create their own bespoke 3 I’s statement
- A risk assessment for Art and design.
What’s coming soon?
- A guide on how to transition to Kapow Primary’s Art and design scheme for schools.
- New unit areas! Our scheme will follow the same four unit areas from Y1-Y6 making progression of skills and knowledge clearer.
- More teacher and pupil demonstration videos.
- Medium-term plan/unit overview for every unit.
- Alternative lesson options for popular seasonal/festivals/celebrations, as well as commonly taught topics, providing alternative outcomes whilst ensuring children continue to make progress in their knowledge and skills. For example, this Y1 Abstract composition: Christmas lesson
- A broader and more diverse range of artists.
- Artist information presentations.
- Sketchbook unit for each year group.