Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To recognise, read and respond to directional language
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand and respond to spoken language
- Develop accurate pronunciation
- KAL Develop accuracy in pronunciation and intonation
- LLS Practise new language with a friend
During the week
- Use the compass points for directional games in PE.
- As a class, make up a pirate rap or song about the points of the compass.
- Design treasure maps, with directions in French for the pirate to find the hidden treasure.