Before the lesson
- To understand the difference between pulse and rhythm
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen with concentration and understanding to a range of high-quality live and recorded music
- Play untuned instruments musically
- Create sounds using the interrelated dimensions of music (rhythm)
- Use their voices expressively and creatively by singing songs and speaking chants and rhymes
Pupils needing extra support: Keep these pupils on the pulse part during the activities.
Pupils working at greater depth: See the ‘Count on Me’ activity.