Before the lesson
- To create a musical story based upon a familiar routine
- To use instruments to represent moods or actions
- To play an instrument as part of a group story
Expressive arts and design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express their ideas and feelings.
- Create collaboratively, sharing ideas, resources and skills.
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To create a musical story based upon a familiar routine.
To use movement to express moods or actions within a musical story.
To play an instrument as part of a musical story and perform as a group.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.