Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To evaluate and analyse creative work using the language of art, craft and design
- To understand that art can have both meaning and message
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
Pupils should be taught to:
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]
The DfE advises that the promotion of British Values should be through SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development). Ofsted will also assess these through the wider curriculum.
According to Ofsted, ‘fundamental British Values’ are:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
See Link: 'Young Citizens', which is a charity that helps schools promote SMSC.
Pupils needing extra support: Should be placed within a mixed ability group so there will be support for all learners.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should analyse and evaluate the messaging behind the artwork in greater depth.