Before the lesson
- To identify sounds in the environment and differentiate between them.
- To use musical vocabulary when describing environmental sounds.
Communication and language
- Understand how to listen carefully and why listening is important.
- ELG: Listening, attention and understanding: Listen attentively and respond to what they hear with relevant questions, comments and actions when being read to and during whole class discussions and small group interactions
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
- To identify and describe familiar nature sounds and differentiate between them.
- To use voices to imitate nature sounds.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.