Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To plan and prepare a short presentation about my family.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe people orally and in writing
- Express ideas clearly
- Make simple sentences and short texts (L5.2)
- Apply knowledge of rules when building sentences (KAL)
During the week
- Display the rainbows on the wall and invite the children to come up with alternative word cards for each colour sentence. These could become a sentence builder on the wall.
- Use the words or sentences from a rainbow paragraph as an outdoor orienteering- style activity by writing a letter on the back of each word card, which they need to put in the right order to spell out a secret message.
- Create vlogs/animations to present their own or fictional family. This could be shared with a partner school overseas.