Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To say the months of the year
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary
- Ask and answer questions on several topics (O4.4 )
- Read some familiar words and phrases aloud and pronounce them accurately (L4.3)
- Write simple words and phrases using a model and some words from memory (L4.4)
- Learn about festivals and celebrations in different cultures (IU4.1)
During the week
- Continue researching French festivals and completing the table of festivals and months from the ‘Main event’.
- Children conduct a survey around the class to find out when everyone’s birthday is. Which is the most popular month? The results could be turned into a graph.
- Give the children a piece of coloured sugar paper cut into the shape of a balloon. They write their birthday on the balloon – Mon anniversaire c’est le _____ _____. This will make a very colourful wall display with strings attached to the ‘balloons’.
- Start decorating carnival masks ready for Lesson 5.