Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To say the days of the week
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes and link the spelling, sound and meaning of words
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- Listen for sounds rhythm and rhyme, identify specific sounds O 4.2
- Know about some aspects of everyday life and compare them to their own IU 4.2
- Write simple phrases using a model L 4.4
During the week
- Each morning, write the French day of the week next to the English date so the children to become familiar with the words.
- Play the game on Link: ‘Months and days game’
- Play the Link: ‘Eric Carl -The Very Hungry Caterpillar, in French’ on SafeShare.TV and listen for the days of the week mentioned.
- Practise some French cursive writing using the ‘Marxmars: Printable French ruled paper’ similar to the squared paper found in the exercise books children in France use.