- To perform a finger rhyme in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes
- Perform finger rhymes (O3.1)
- Listen attentively and understand instructions (O3.4)
- Know some facts about one country, famous landmarks (IU3.3)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Call the register asking each child what their name is and how they are, and getting them to answer with, Je m’appelle … and ça va mal, ça va très mal, ça va très bien, or ça va comme ci comme ça.
- Turn the rhyme into a song (the tune of ‘Ten Green Bottles’ works well).
- Find pictures from the link: ‘World festival of puppets’.