Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To use the number words one to twelve when playing playground games
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use language for practical communication; understanding spoken language from authentic sources
- Speak clearly and confidently (O3.1)
- View a video about the country (IU3.4)
- Know some facts, landmarks, main towns (IU3.3)
- Notice the spelling of familiar words (KAL)
During the week
- Display an outline of France for a ‘Pin the Tour Eiffel on Paris’ game. Who can locate the capital city?
- Compile a list of other things that France is famous for – food, drink, places, personalities, sports, etc.
- Boules is another fun outdoor game to play, and a serious sport in France.