Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To recognise the numbers one to twelve, written in French
- To identify French words which use the key phonemes
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Develop accurate pronunciation
- Link the spelling, sound and meaning of words
- Make links between some phonemes, rhymes and spellings (L3.2)
- Recognise how sounds are represented in written form (KAL)
- Identify rhyming words (O3.1)
During the week
- Think of items in the classroom that you can ask the children to count, using the question, Il y a combien?
- Encourage the children to come up with different clapping/throwing/counting games in PE.
- Display your train phonemes on the wall and ask the children to suggest words to add below which belong with the sound. There is a good discussion to be had here about the difference in sounds between English and French.