Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To prepare and present a short spoken text
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures
- Recall, retain and use vocabulary (O3.3)
- Speak clearly and confidently (O3.2)
During the week
- Celebrate and share the learning from this topic – could the videos be incorporated into an assembly, or on the school website?
- Collect questions about school life in France that can be either researched online or sent to a partner school.
- Allow the children time to go back to their writing from the last session and see if they can ‘up-level’ by adding extra detail (using a different colour pencil).