Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To read and understand short sentences
- To create original sentences using a model sentence
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe people, places, things and actions orally and in writing
- Adapt phrases to create new sentences
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied and how these differ from or are similar to English
- Recognise some familiar words in written form (L3.1)
- Read and understand simple messages (L3.1)
- Compare the language with English (LLS)
During the week
- Use page 3 of the Activity: What’s in the bag? for children to design their own ‘what’s in the bag’ puzzles.
- For display – write large labels attached to clear plastic bags pinned to the wall and see if children can add in the correct equipment (or use mini cards for display).
- Don’t forget to use your classroom instructions. A quick game of ‘Jacques a dit’ will warm you up for a French lesson or end the day with a bit of French.