Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To build sentences to describe where something lives or does not live
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Speak in sentences using basic language structures
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied
- Hear main word classes; recognise negative forms (KAL)
- Read and understand simple messages (L3.1)
During the week
- Design your own sentence spinners using other animals or habitats – don’t forget to add le, la or l’.
- Habitat havoc – draw cartoons of animals in the wrong habitats and write about them, for example, Le singe habite dans la mer.
- Challenge the class to create an animal alphabet in French, use the dictionary to help.