Before the lesson
- To understand and recognise what are cognates and near cognates
- To give and receive instructions that include shape, size and colour vocabulary
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Engage in conversations, ask and answer questions
- Present ideas and information orally
- Broaden their vocabulary through using a dictionary
- Ask and answer questions (O3.3)
- Remember a sequence of spoken words (O3.4)
- Know some facts about the country (IU3.3)
- Compare the language with English (LLS)
- Recognise conventions of politeness (KAL)
During the week
- Display the animal names and photos of their compositions – can the children find a picture to match each name?
- Create your own giant Matisse art – ‘L’escargot’ is popular and easy to make with large squares of sugar paper.