Before the lesson
- To create a sculpture in the style of sculptor Sokari Douglas Camp
Pupils should be taught to:
- Develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design
- Create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- Improve their mastery of art and design techniques
- Learn about great artists, architects and designers in history
Pupils needing extra support: Could work in pairs or may need support with spelling. Most cereal box cardboard is thin enough to easily cut with scissors, but some may need help.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should make their work more original by adding serifs to the letters or recreating a specific font.