Resource Bank: Planning materials for Computing
A few useful documents to support in planning the teaching of primary school Computing lessons:
- A 36-week long term plan for Computing for schools that deliver the subject each week as well as a 20-week condensed plan for those who have less curriculum time available.
- An overview of how Kapow Primary's scheme covers the Computing National curriculum for KS1 and KS2 and aspects of the EYFS goals 40-60 months.
- A mapping document showing how Kapow Primary's Computing and RSE & PSHE schemes address the Education for a Connected World framework.
- An overview of the Kapow Primary EYFS Computing scheme of work, with teacher guides, progression and assessment and more.
- A progression of skills plan for Kapow Primary's Computing scheme of work.
- A list of key digital literacy skills used across Kapow Primary Computing years 1 to 6.
Computing – Long-term plan
This full 36-week EYFS, KS1 and KS2 long-term plan for Computing is designed for schools that deliver the subject each week. Based on the Kapow Primary scheme of work, the document provides guidance on how to cover the requirements of the national curriculum using the Kapow Primary scheme …
Computing – Long-term plan: Condensed
The Computing Condensed curriculum offers help to those schools who want to ensure coverage of the National Curriculum, without dedicating an hour a week to Computing. Our Condensed curriculum long-term plan abstracts units that cover key skills and knowledge in only 20 lessons. The selected lessons …
Computing – Long-term plan: Mixed-age
This long-term plan is for schools teaching mixed-age classes. It organises our Computing scheme of work into a two-year rolling cycle (Cycle A and Cycle B) which ensures full coverage of the National Curriculum objectives. Along with our suggestions for differentiation included in each …